Samsung has rolled out the official Android 4.1.2 firmware named ‘XWLSD’ firmware for Galaxy S2 GT I9100. You can install this firmware by following this simple guide. This new official firmware brings amazing features like Notification Panel, Direct Call, Smart Rotation, Smart Stay etc. Check out the tutorial to enjoy this firmware on your Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your Galaxy S2 GT I9100.
Note: Since this update is Official update released by Samsung, applying your device with this update won’t void the warranty in any manner. We request you to follow all the instructions carefully before proceeding to apply this firmware update.
● Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark. The only step is into the process.
● Take the backup of entire data. This would prove helpful if your data gets wiped out because due to the process.
● Download and install the drivers for your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 to your PC. You can download the drivers from here.
● Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. Proceed as Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Process to Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware on Galaxy S2 GT I9100
● Download the XWLSD built Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware from here.
● Download the latest version of Odin, v3.07 from here.
● Switch off your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and restart it in the Download Mode. How? Just press the Volume Down Key + OK + Power buttons. Keep them all pressed till you see an Android Robot on your device’s screen. The appearance of this on your screen confirms your entry into the Download Mode.
● Run Odin on your computer and connect your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 with it. One of ID:COM boxes in the Odin running in background will get filled with Yellow color on successful attachment of your device and computer.
● Proceed as follow to select the files to flash.
Click the PDA Button, and then file code.
Click the Phone Button, and then file modem.
Click the CSC Button, and then file csc.
● Make sure that ‘Re-Partition’ box is not checked. If this is so, click on ‘Start’ to initiate the installation of firmware and wait for its completion.
● Your Galaxy S2 GT I9100 will reboot on the completion of installation.
That’s all!! You have followed the process rightly and have successfully installed official Android 4.1.2 XWLSD firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100.