CyanogenMod team is working hard to build new custom ROM of different Android devices. CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 jellybean custom ROM is now available for HTC One X smartphone. There are tons of AOSP based ROMs for the HTC One X in market but CyanogenMod ROMS is the best one because they are stable, powerful, and very speedy in performance and overall use. You can update One X to CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware using the tutorial below.
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your HTC One X.
- · Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark. The only step into the process.
- · Take the backup of entire data. This would prove helpful if your data gets wiped out because due to the process.
- · Download and install the drivers for your HTC One X to your PC.
- · Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. Proceed as Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- · This guide is only for HTC One X It will not work on any other variant of HTC One X. So better proceed ahead only if you have this particular variant.
Process to Update HTC One X CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Custom Firmware
- First of all, download the CM10.1 CR2 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean custom firmware for your HTC One X from here.
- You can download the pack of Google Apps from here.
- Transfer these zip files to the internal SD of your HTC One X.
- Now we need to start the device in Recovery Mode. For this, first of all, start your HTC One X by pressing the Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together.
- While in the Recovery Mode, look for the option reading Flash zip from SD card. Tap on it and then on Choose zip from SD card.
- Here you need to locate the firmware zip file. Do it!
- Confirm your selection so as to start the installation of this new custom firmware.
- The installation will be done in few minutes.
- Install the Google Apps now. Yeah, follow the same procedure. Simple!
- When you are done with the installation of both the firmware and Google Apps, just tap on Go Back. Then tap on Reboot System Now.
- Your HTC One X will now restart.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your HTC One X to CM10.1RC2 Custom Firmware. Have fun