Are you want to update your HTC Desire Z to latest Android OS? You can now able to update HTC Desire Z to Android 4.2.2 before official release. Check out the installation process of the same for HTC Desire Z.we will guide you through the process of how to install Android 4.2.2 AOSP Jelly Bean on HTC Desire Z.
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your HTC Desire Z.
- · Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark. The only step into the process.
- · Take the backup of entire data. This would prove helpful if your data gets wiped out because due to the process.
- · Download and install the drivers for your HTC Desire Z to your Phone free from here.
- · Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. Proceed as Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- · This guide is only for HTC Desire Z. It will not work on any other variant of HTC Desire Z. So better proceed ahead only if you have this particular variant.
Process to Update HTC Desire Z to AOSP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jellybean Custom Firmware
- First of all, download the AOSP Android 4.2.2 Build 5 Jellybean custom firmware for your HTC Desire Z from here.
- You can download the pack of Google Apps from here.
- Transfer these zip files to the internal SD of your HTC Desire Z.
- Now we need to start the device in Recovery Mode. For this, first of all, start your HTC Desire Z by pressing the Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together.
- While in the Recovery Mode, look for the option reading Flash zip from SD card. Tap on it and then on Choose zip from SD card.
- Here you need to locate the firmware zip file. Do it!
- Confirm your selection so as to start the installation of this new custom firmware.
- The installation will be done in few minutes.
- Install the Google Apps now. Yeah, follow the same procedure. Simple!
- When you are done with the installation of both the firmware and Google Apps, just tap on Go Back. Then tap on Reboot System Now.
- Your HTC Desire Z will now restart.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your HTC Desire Z to AOSP Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Custom Firmware. Have fun!