Samsung has rolled out the official Android 4.2.2 firmware named ‘XXUBMG8’ firmware for Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P. if you are landing on this page, than I am sure that you are keen to root your Smartphone to latest android 4.2.2 ‘XXUBMG8’. Here I write a step by step guide about how to root your Samsung Galaxy S2 plus I9105P on Android 4.2.2 ‘ XXUBMG8’.You can install this firmware by following this simple guide. This new official firmware brings amazing features. Check out the tutorial to enjoy this firmware on your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P.
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P.
Android 4.2.2 firmware ‘XXUBMG8’ Details:
Date: 2013 July
- Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark. The only step into the process.
- Take the backup of entire data. This would prove helpful if your data gets wiped out because due to the process.
- Download and install the drivers for your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P to your PC. You can download the drivers from here.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. Proceed as Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Process to Install Android 4.2.2 XXUBMG8 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P
- First of all, download the XXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Firmware from here for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P.
- Download ODIN v1.85 which will help you to install Android 4.1.2 on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P
- It’s time to copy this downloaded file to the external SD card of your phone. For this connect your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P with PC and transfer the file, as you normally do.
- Switch off your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105 and restart it in the Recovery Mode. How? Just press the Volume Down Key + Home + Power buttons. Keep them all pressed till you see an Android Robot on your device’s screen. The appearance of this on your screen confirms your entry into the Recovery Mode.
- The Volume Buttons are used to navigate in the options. Using them, point to ‘apply update from external storage’ and select it.
- Just locate the firmware zip file that you downloaded in the first step.
- Once you find, select it using the Power button.
- The installation will start in no time. Just wait for its end.
- It will take a few minutes for the installation to complete. Once it is so, just go back to the main menu and there select ‘Reboot System Now’.
That’s it. You are done with the installation of XXUBMG8 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware on your Galaxy S2 Plus I9105P. Enjoy it!!
If you have any problem in installing Android 4.2.2 firmware ‘XXUBMG8’ on your Samsung galaxy S2 Plus I9105P, feel free to connect with us via comment.