We all Android smartphone user want to root our device because rooted device allowed you to do lot more tweaks and customizations in your smartphone. But when you want to send your android device for warranty or repair, you must have to unroot your device. In this post I talk about how to unroot Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.1.1. we will guide you how to unroot your Samsung S3 I9300 using ODIN. Please read full post.
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your Samsung Galaxy S 3 I9300.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- I9300XXDLJ4 is an official firmware for the Galaxy S3 I9300.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Process to Unroot Galaxy S3 I9300 on Official Android 4.1.1 XXDJ4 Firmware
● Download Android 4.1.1 I9300XXDLJ4 official firmware for GalaxyS3 I9300 on the computer.
● Download the latest version of Odin, v1.85 from here Download ODIN v1.85
● Switch off your Galaxy S3 I9300 and restart it in the Download Mode. How? Just press the Volume Down Key + OK + Power buttons. Keep them all pressed till you see an Android Robot on your device’s screen. The appearance of this on your screen confirms your entry into the Download Mode.
● Run Odin on your computer and connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 with it. One of ID:COM boxes in the Odin running in background will get filled with Yellow color on successful attachment of your device and computer.
● Proceed as follow to select the files to flash.
Click the PDA Button, and then file code.
Click the Phone Button, and then file modem.
Click the CSC Button, and then file csc.
● Make sure that ‘Re-Partition’ box is not checked. If this is so, click on ‘Start’ to initiate the installation of firmware and wait for its completion.
Uninstall the Superuser / SuperSU root binary apps from your phone apps.
That All you have followed the process rightly and have successfully unrooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 on Android 4.1.1 update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify which firmware build you have.