An official firmware update, Android 4.1.2 with build number XXBMA3, has been released for the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT with model number I9305. Galaxy S3 GT I9305 users, who have already updated their device with Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Jelly Bean, may follow the guide below to root their devices.
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9305.
- Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark. The only step into the process.
- Take the backup of entire data. This would prove helpful if your data gets wiped out because due to the process.
- Download and install the drivers for your Galaxy S3 I9305 to your PC. You can download the drivers from here.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. Proceed as Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
Process to Root Official Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 Firmware on Galaxy S3 I9305
● Download Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 official firmware for Galaxy S3 GT I9305 on the computer.
● Download the latest version of Odin, v1.85 from here.
● Switch off your Galaxy S3 GT I9305 and restart it in the Download Mode. How? Just press the Volume Down Key + OK + Power buttons. Keep them all pressed till you see an Android Robot on your device’s screen. The appearance of this on your screen confirms your entry into the Download Mode.
● Run Odin on your computer and connect your Galaxy S3 I9300 with it. One of ID:COM boxes in the Odin running in background will get filled with Yellow color on successful attachment of your device and computer.
● It is time to click on “PDA” to choose “CF-Auto-Root-m3-m3zh-gti9305.tar.md5” continue with clicking on “Start” in order for Rooting process to start
That all, your Galaxy S3 GT I9305 I has now been updated to Android 4.1.2 XXBMA3 firmware update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify which firmware build you have.