As an Android fan, you must be familiar with the rooting and custom ROMs installation. Those who are need not to be introduced with the name CyanogenMod Team. This reputed team recently launched the CM10.1 based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for its esteemed fans. Check out the installation process of the same for Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D.
Android 4.2.2 CM10.1 ROM Features & Details
- Full GPU acceleration
- RIL (calls/sms/mobile data)
- Touch keys
- Mounting of internal/external storage
- Keypad lights
- Brightness control
- Deep sleep
- Sensors (all)
- Data usage, limiter
- HW v-sync, triple framebuffer (Project Butter)
- Bluetooth & Bluetooth tethering?
- USB & USB tethering
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D.
- Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark. The only step into the process.
- Take the backup of entire data. This would prove helpful if your data gets wiped out because due to the process.
- Download and install the drivers for your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D to your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. Proceed as Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S2 I1900G. It will not work on any other variant of Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D. So better proceed ahead only if you have this particular variant.
Process to Update Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware
- First of all, download the Android 4.2.2 based CM10.1 custom firmware for your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D from here.
- You can download the pack of Google Apps from here.
- Transfer these zip files to the internal SD of your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D.
- Now we need to start the device in Recovery Mode. For this, first of all, start your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D by pressing the Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together.
- While in the Recovery Mode, look for the option reading Flash zip from SD card. Tap on it and then on Choose zip from SD card.
- Here you need to locate the firmware zip file. Do it!
- Confirm your selection so as to start the installation of this new custom firmware.
- The installation will be done in few minutes.
- Install the Google Apps now. Yeah, follow the same procedure. Simple!
- When you are done with the installation of both the firmware and Google Apps, just tap on Go Back. Then tap on Reboot System Now.
- Your Samsung Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D will now restart.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your Galaxy Mini 2 S6500D to CM10.1 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Custom Firmware. Have fun!