CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 ROM is now available for download for Samsung Galaxy S I9000, and you can install this Custom ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery. Samsung Galaxy S I9000 has been blessed with the latest CM10.1 RC2 ROM based on Android 4.2.2 . Check out the installation process of the CM10.1 RC2 based on Android 4.2.2 for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to update Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware with complete steps using CWM recovery.
The process is simple to follow, but you may end up as zero or negative results as well. So follow it at your own risk. We shall not be responsible for any damage that this tutorial may cause to your Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
- · Charge the battery to at least 60 percent mark. The only step into the process.
- · Take the backup of entire data. This would prove helpful if your data gets wiped out because due to the process.
- · Download and install the drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S I9000to your PC.
- · Enable USB Debugging Mode in your smartphone. Proceed as Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- · This guide is only for Samsung Galaxy S I9000It will not work on any other variant of Samsung Galaxy S I9000. So better proceed ahead only if you have this particular variant.
Process to Update Samsung Galaxy S I9000to CM10.1 RC2 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean Custom Firmware
- First of all, download the CM10.1 CR2 Android 4.2.2 Jellybean custom firmware for your Samsung Galaxy S I9000from here.
- You can download the pack of Google Apps from here.
- Transfer these zip files to the internal SD of your Samsung Galaxy S I9000.
- Now we need to start the device in Recovery Mode. For this, first of all, start your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 by pressing the Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons together.
- While in the Recovery Mode, look for the option reading Flash zip from SD card. Tap on it and then on Choose zip from SD card.
- Here you need to locate the firmware zip file. Do it!
- Confirm your selection so as to start the installation of this new custom firmware.
- The installation will be done in few minutes.
- Install the Google Apps now. Yeah, follow the same procedure. Simple!
- When you are done with the installation of both the firmware and Google Apps, just tap on Go Back. Then tap on Reboot System Now.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 will now restart.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S I9000 to CM10.1RC2 Custom Firmware. Have fun