Good news for you if you are a Nexus 10 owner as you can relish the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean by applying CM10.2 custom ROM on your device. This CM10.2 firmware accompanies a good number of goodies which include new features and system tweaks. These stuffs are not provided in an official stock Android ROM.
Well, CM10.2 is now in its early stage but you can still prefer to use it on your Nexus 10 to update your device to Android 4.3 CM10.2 Jelly Bean firmware. Follow the guide below to install the firmware.
• The procedure discussed below should only be applied on the Nexus 10 tablet.
• These instructions are for your learning purpose and we won’t be responsible for any damage caused to your device due to this tutorial.
• Thoroughly read the instructions before proceeding for the process.
• Nexus 10 tablet.
• PC with internet connectivity
• Original USB data cable of your device
• Your device should be charged at least up to 70% in order to avoid switching off in the middle of the process.
• Make a Nandroid backup and backup your entire device’s data so that you do not lose them while rooting and for this, you can use a backup app and restore them later as well.
To apply Android 4.3 CM10.2 Jelly Bean ROM on Nexus 10, you need to carry out all the steps using CWM Recovery. If you are a beginner, root your Samsung Nexus 10 at and then install a custom recovery after which you can proceed for the below discussed procedure.
2. Using USB data cable, connect your Nexus 10 to your PC.
3. Copy and paste the Android 4.3 ROM zip files and Google Apps zip files that you had downloaded to the SD card.
4. Switch off you device and remove the USB cable.
5. Boot your device into Bootloader Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power keys simultaneously.
6. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen after which select ‘BOOTLOADER’ and navigate to ‘RECOVERY.’
7. In ‘ClockworkMod Recovery,’ select ‘wipe data/factory reset” by using the Power button.
8. Select “wipe cache partition” and from CWM recovery, navigate to ‘advanced’ followed by selecting “wipe dalvik cache”.
10. Get back to main recovery screen and choose ‘install zip from SD card.’
11. Select “choose zip from sdcard” and move to the Android 4.3 ROM zip file using Volume butoons and select it with Power button. On the upcoming screen, accept the installation to initiate it.
Likewise, repeat the above instructions to install Gapps zip file.
12. When installation is finished, navigate ‘+++++Go Back+++++’ and then select ‘reboot system now’ in the recovery menu.
Once your Nexus 10 reboots in sometime, you’ve got things done.
When you are done with the above instructions, feel proud that your device runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean based CM 10.2 Jelly Bean Custom ROM.